Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would provide a list of some belonging to the reasons you could obtain gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully plans and ideas something to look at.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers gameplay! Yes, you still need to undertake a good idea but you’ll find that no matter how good an inspiration you may think it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you that they would reject an example that they agree this would definately be profitable. Listed below are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may have also a complete collection of services not trying to add somewhat more.
2. Make use of this is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting the company first to observe their submission policy, and they usually rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You didn’t have proper contact regarding your the distribution. (That is one of the most effective mistakes Inventors make. The corporation will not bother to be able to you alongside.)
6. Possess too many similar providers that information mill flooded adequately.
7. Your idea draws a small niche market and they want mass market items.
8. The price to manufacture versus the return on investment is just too high.
9. Income sheet did not WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort with the aid of.
10. Goods has already been patented by someone else and tend not to want to determine if they can go around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Your product or idea isn’t better than what is definitely on the market. This tells them you didn’t research your idea well and don’t have a clue who the competitors is in the industry.
12. You sent a machine that is just like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any benefit.
13. Your idea is outdated or maybe on the downswing compared to what will be coming out the following year.
14. They have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming annualy. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior for the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Takes place a wonderful deal. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones creating.)
15. They have already received to correct idea from another Inventor and are currently in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You have posted your idea unprotected online in one of those invention posting sites where others vote on your product to find out there is interest. Your public disclosure makes an additional concerned whether any patent my idea protection properly allowed and turns it down derived from that ailment.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the functional prototype on youtube and possess a significant regarding hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, yet if they participate in a quick look on your patent they make it a point it has lapsed thanks to non-payment of fees and has now been lapsed significantly over the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There are any patent, but it was poorly written and will not cover far more product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is an easy task, to ensure that you they can get very little protection in the industry.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t the outside ideas and does not publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, but won’t matter explain they cannot look right out of the company.
22. You sent them your product idea but these have decided on your line for the year or the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. The right amount . consider items with a sales history they can review and then your item by no means been being produced or sold stores or online. To ensure that do n’t need to take the risk to become the first company selling it.
As I stated above these are just a few within the reasons your event may have your idea/product rejected the company. Really take the time to do your research and understand your market, your put in that market and homework part to make yourself as marketable as it can.